Below is a list of online links and book resources that you might find helpful.
In a mental health emergency situation, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
LINKS & CONTACTS:
- Suicide & Crisis Center of North Texas
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide/Teen Contact: 972-233-TEEN
- Dallas Suicide Hotline: 214-828-1000
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Texas Abuse Hotline: 1-800-252-5400
- The Hotline: Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
- Texas Runaway Hotline: 1-888-580-HELP
- Rape Crisis
- Genesis Women's Center
These online links should be considered a resource, however, Ally is not liable for the content, claims, or representative of the listed resources.
Here is a list of some of the books that Ally's clients have found helpful.
Books for Parents:
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber
- Love and Limits: Guidance Tools for Creative Parenting by Elizabeth Crary
- How to Really Love Your Child by D. Ross Campbell
- How to Really Love Your Teen by D. Ross Campbell
- The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
- The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
Books for Adults:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too by Jenni Schaefer
These books should be considered a resource, however, Ally is not liable for the content, claims, or representative of the listed resources.